Transom Brace Question and boat ID

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red95gtcoupe

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is up with this transom brace(if that's what it is)? Is there supposed to be something that actually connects to the transom (wood?)? Also, can anyone possibly tell me what the manufacturer may be? I know it's a long shot without a picture of the whole boat, but it is currently up in Ohio and I cannot find any other pictures of it. It is a 12' flat bottom jon. There are no markings or hull ID #s.

Thanks
Brian

Attachments

• 2012-08-05_11-16-03_155.jpg
    2012-08-05_11-16-03_155.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,092
I assume you're referring to the piece on the floor of the boat.

That's a knee brace, or at least what's left of it, and that's supposed to be a channel, angle or tube that connects to the transom with either bolts or rivets. But it appears to have been chopped off at some point.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to try and find pictures to see what it should look like.

Brian

Could the boat be an Ouachita? This is the only picture I have seen that even closely resembles what is left of the brace on my boat.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,074
Yup, that's what you are missing. If you are just going to use an electric motor, don't worry about it. But if you plan to put a gas outboard on there, you should really get it fixed.

The part that's left and the transom cap remind me of my boat which is a Wards Sea King made be Delhi / Starcraft. If you can post some more pictures? it would help.

Unfortunately I dont have any more picture and the boat is ~600 miles away in Ohio right now.

Latest posts