New Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooperj14

Reaction score
Well Tinboaters, it is with a heavy heart I must say goodbye to the tinboat family. I traded my tin rig for a glass rig last night. It is a Hydra-Sport 255D. It is 15.5 feet with a 115 mariner on it.(rated for a 75 :roll: ) I will never leave this site though because of the amount of incredible info. My first question is I am running a 21 pitch prop right now. It about comes all the way out of the water on the hole shot. Could I get away with running a higher pitch to gain a few extra top end mph? Thanks, Jack
Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 4.27.16 PM.png

Depends on the amount of RPM's your turning on the 21. Find out what the optimum RPM range is and then match your prop to that. You don't mention if the boat has a jack plate or not. Adjusting the motor heigth will play with hole shot and RPM's as well. You definetly wanna be careful in that rig Hydra-Sports are light boats to begin with and being overpowered like that one is I guarantee you it will get squirrely on top end. My buddy flipped his Hydra-Sport he had back in 1990 and wasn't even up on the pad running. Only doin about 30 cruisin along lookin for his next spot to fish and hit somethin he couldn't see in the water. The depth where he was at was over 60 feet deep in the main channel of the lake. Another thing (and God forbid it) but if you're involved in an accident and the insurance company or worse yet a lawyer starts to checking HP of your engine to the rating plate in the boat man they will hang ya. I'm not trying to rain on the parade or anything but just be careful and have fun.

Latest posts