Detroit area mod needed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inlandlaker

Reaction score
Is there someone or somewhere I can take my 14' V to get modified like some of the boats I'm seeing?
I don't have the tools or engineering prowess to do a project like this. Can someone steer me in the right direction? I'd be willing to take it to Ohio or the west side of Michigan as well.

Hi, Inlandlaker:
Welcome aboard and congrats on your first post. I am sure folks will jump on here with suggestions. But I hope you do not dismiss a do-it-yourself approach. It can seem intimidating but sure feels great when you finish it yourself...especially when someone at the ramp asks, "Where did you get the boat, it really looks great?". In my case have no real skills and no tools more exotic than an electric jig saw. But I took my first mod slowly, learning as I went (and learned a lot) and I am very happy with the results. Now I am ready for the next one. Maybe you can find a Tinboats member in your area who can work with you. Best of luck
Rick

Any pics? Depending on the shape of it there are some "small" things that you can do to it to make it look ALOT better.

I added a photo. I fear if I try my own mods I run up against many issues.
A) this is my only boat. Come spring I NEED to fish or my sanity suffers greatly so I can't risk flubbing it up and having a half complete boat.
B) I do not have a heated work space local. If I were to try any painting or mods it would be at my stepdads place 2 hours away.
C)just seems like there are places I can take it to get a nice job done by someone who's done this many times before and can complete in a timely fashion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 261

Latest posts