Wifes Jon Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMROD

Reaction score
First outing in the wife’s jon boat. Well the 9.8 pushes is very well! Me the wife gear fuel and dead battery and we were hitting 21 mph. The down side I really believe the 9.8 four stroke electric start is just too heavy for this boat so the search is on for a 6 to 8 hp 2 stroke. There were scattered showers today and although they came in short burst they were heavy so not sure if it was the rain or we have a small leak, it was really not much water so for 5 hours on the water not bad at all.

Caught several perch and one 16" cat on the poles and a big goose egg on the noodles. We had a great day out on the water. Ended the day with the wife getting familiar with the boat and she done great. No pictures of that as my phone went dead early on.e.jpeg
f.jpeg
g.jpeg

Thoughts ;move gas /battery up front/let lighter person drive..Consider little bigger boat probably cheaper than swaping motors..other than that sounds like your on your way..Be Safe ...cva34

fool4fish1226 said:
Sounds like a great day to me :beer:
It was!
fender66 said:
I'll take two of those days for every week I have to work!

Sounds like a fair trade to me!
I work 14-14 so if it not for Xmass we would be out a lot more.
cva34 said:
Thoughts ;move gas /battery up front/let lighter person drive..Consider little bigger boat probably cheaper than swaping motors..other than that sounds like your on your way..Be Safe ...cva34
Yep, I spent a good amount of time last night searching for a14 footer and a 6 to 8 hp motor. The boat sets a little low in the stern with this motor, it’s a long shaft also so I am thinking it weights close to if not 100 pounds and sure makes the transom flex when trailering which is my main concern.

Oh no the motor is going no-where even if I do find a smaller motor at a price I am willing to pay. The 9.8 is my kicker on the 2100 Striper.

Latest posts