carpet on bench seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newboater13

Reaction score
I have a alumacraft 1436, I don't want to put in a full raised deck but would like carpeted floor. My question is, I've seen people put carpeted pplywood onto the seats but how is it secured? Also how is the carpeted floor secured? Thanks guys...Also I have a trolling motor not foot controlled, whats the best why to mount it stack 2 by 4 glued together and secure that to the front litttle bench? Thanks again

You could screw them down to the seat. They have a stainless steel seat at acadamy sports that have a type of washer that the screw head sit flush with the washer I have seen a rebuilt on here were they used them.

Take a look at my 2009 alumicraft 1432 in the John boat conversion forum on the forth page about four post from the bottom this is a great post for small boats

Ok. Would it be safe to mount a seat pedestal to the plywood or no. Also for the flooring do you screw that Iinto anything or just let it be.

I plan to attach my carpet with Velcro for easy removal and cleaning. For more "permanent" attachment some use the 3M spray adhesive

newboater13 said:
Ok. Would it be safe to mount a seat pedestal to the plywood or no. Also for the flooring do you screw that Iinto anything or just let it be.
The floors would fly out if there not attached

My brother has 1 piece ¾" ply floors in his boat that fit between the benches. He pulls his boat from his house to mine (5 hour drive at highway speeds) and has never had a problem with any of it blowing out. It's not fastened down but it is cut to fit snugly. Actually, he came up for Xmas and brought his boat so we can do a little work on it and his trailer. I'll try to get some pics of the floor after the snow melts.

Latest posts