New merc outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With that size you might as well buy through a dealership. It will have to be shipped to a dealer and set up by them. Just bought a 2.5 Merc that arrived today off EBay. I bought a new 20hp 4 stroke from this place this past Jan and they had the best price I could find at the time. Shipping was FAST also. https://www.solutiononemaritime.com/

I found a place on the web that are ridiculously cheap I'm almost worried to deal with them in thoughts that it's to good to be true. A merc 30elhpt efi 2,400 and a loaded 40 hp Yamaha for 3,700 both have estart and TNT It's called outboard motors marine don't know how to post a link yet but you get time look them up and tell me what y'all think

I'm not finding a place by that name using google. On this site just copy and paste the link in your reply. Sounds a little too good to be true however. This is a very reputable place that carries most brands at usually good prices for comparison. https://www.boats.net/outboard_motor/Mercury/30HP/parts.html

Ok found that site again it took a min but it's there. The kicker is they are Indonesia ain't that some bs but I put a merc in the shopping cart and it said free shipping and then total said free shipping also even after I put in may address I tried to do a live chat but it was unavailable do to something I forget now but I also tried to call but Verizon won't let me without doing some kinda crap first . Should prabably just get a calling card for that save trouble and no hidden junk to cost me 30 bucks a month from now well still couldn't get a link but put this in and you will go straight to it .for the price they are Worth looking into still
Www.outboardmotors-marine.com

Let me know what you think

Miller13 said:
Ok found that site again it took a min but it's there. The kicker is they are Indonesia ain't that some bs but I put a merc in the shopping cart and it said free shipping and then total said free shipping also even after I put in may address I tried to do a live chat but it was unavailable do to something I forget now but I also tried to call but Verizon won't let me without doing some kinda crap first . Should prabably just get a calling card for that save trouble and no hidden junk to cost me 30 bucks a month from now well still couldn't get a link but put this in and you will go straight to it .for the price they are Worth looking into still
https://Www.outboardmotors-marine.com

Not with a ten foot pole!!!! No matter how good those prices are, good luck getting the motor or your money back when you don't. I'll stick with somewhere USA consumer laws at least apply. If they were at least going thru EBay and Paypal I might risk it. Many foreign businesses do that thru EBay and are at least held accountable.

Yep I agree but think of this if they are real and you really talk to a live person that is one serious mark down that could really help in buying a motor here. Think I'm gonna dig a little deeper into that and then go prod my little dealer here and see just how right he can get his heart

backwoods landing in decatur al. look em up on line. i paid 4025 for a 30 hp tohatsu 4 stroke w/ tnt efi. they also have etecs. the tohatsu is the mfg of all under 40 hp mercs. no difference but the paint and decals. they can also do the pre delivery setup great guys to deal with. i also bought a tohatsu online at online outboards .com. really all u have to do is type tohatsu in ur browser. good luck

Hey thanks, a guy around the house here said merc wasn't making the smaller hp motors but he wasn't sure who was and in what hp and this and that . I've been wondering about the tohatsu Ive never really been interested in newer motors but my two little boys are gonna start running jugs and lines with me this year and I'm a big dude with big buddies and don't want to be on the water at night when the old 74 Johnson decides to act up a little. I go up to Decatur two or three times a month and will check them out .thanks man

Tohatsu is currently making all the small outboards for Merc, Nissan, Tohatsu, and now Evinrude and a few other off brands up to 25hp. Suzuki, Yamaha, and Honda are still their own manufacture.(as far as I know) Larger Mercs are made in Japan and the USA by Mercury. The Tohatsu's are very good motors. Most are made in Japan and a few in China. My 20hp Merc was built in Japan. Haven't opened the box on my 2.5hp I recieved yesterday to see where it was made. Right now you can usually get a Merc a little cheaper because of a Mercury Promotion going on. Mercs will have a feature or two the Tohatsu's won't have. The decision needs to be where the nearest servicing dealer is for Warranty repairs. I have a great Mercury dealer local and he handled a factory recall I received a week after getting my 20hp. The nearest Tohatsu dealer is 80 miles from here.

Miller13 said:

Prices aren't bad at all and compare to wholesale-outboards.com which I have unanswered questions about . . . now I'm thinking that if you use a credit card with one of these far eastern websites . . . shouldn't your purchase be protected through them? Maybe I'll call my credit card company first and see if they approve of them.

UPDATE: Credit card company said not to worry. No motor or not as advertised . . . no bill.

hipster dufus said:
................the tohatsu is the mfg of all under 40 hp mercs....................

This might have been the case at one time but I'm not for sure anymore....... ???? Most of the Merc's that I've looked at are Chinese made. Look closely on the plate located in a hard to see spot below the mounting points. This is not to take anything away from them as I know two fellows who have 40 4 strokes and both love them. One fellow uses his hard. Already has many hours on it. He typically doesn't like Merc's but the motor he had was causing problems and he had to do something in a hurry. Found this 40 Merc in stock. Nothing but good things to say and as I stated above he has already put many trouble free hours on it.

If you want cheap look at I -boats some are new some used some refu-rbished worth a look ..https://www.boatmotors.com/rebuilt_outboard_motors/?cart_id=055958034&session_id=915247687 ..... cva34

tnriverluver said:
Miller13 said:

Not with a ten foot pole!!!! No matter how good those prices are, good luck getting the motor or your money back when you don't. I'll stick with somewhere USA consumer laws at least apply. If they were at least going thru EBay and Paypal I might risk it. Many foreign businesses do that thru EBay and are at least held accountable.

I actually called my credit card company and they said not to worry . . . if you don't get the motor or a motor as advertised, they would stand behind you and not bill you for it. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger after hearing that. Especially at $1890 no tax $5.00 shipping for a the new injected 20HP four-stroke.

UPDATE: Went on the wholesale-outboards.com website to place an order and noticed they want a birthdate entered . . . sent them a note asking why, since I'm paying with a credit card, you can ask for the card security code but a birthdate is too personal. We'll see if they respond.

Attachments

• DF20A.JPG
    DF20A.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 268
  • DF20A EFI.JPG
    DF20A EFI.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 261
Definitely following this to see where it goes. I have two new 2012-2013 Mercs and would like someday to replace a 98 50hp 2 stroke Johnson with a new 4 stroke.

Latest posts