Contacting a boat manufacturer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whistler

Reaction score
Have any of you had any luck getting in touch with the boat manufacturers. I have called the manufacturer of my boat several times, each time leaving a message and call back number. They have never returned my call. [-X I am not the original purchaser of this boat and it has performed and done everything admirably. However I put customer service very important on my list when it come to who I do business with. This problem will weigh heavy in my next boat purchase.

I've called alumacraft several times. Even talked to the guys in shop

Ok being a native of northeast Tennessee right next to n.c. I will share with you my secret to getting results . The first thing you will need to do Is locate a dealer not a very large one . The next thing you will need is a case of Mtn dew some chocolate and careful planning. Once you have acquired all of the above get any small children that are kin to you and then get their friends ( if this requires two vehicles it is a plus) stop by the dollar general grab some of those tiny bouncy balls and open the snack bar you purchased earlier. Head to the dealer . Make sure any drinks that are opened go inside with the children once in the dealer start trying to talk to a salesman, by now the kids are really wanting those balls so hand them out, and say go play so I can talk ( forewarn them not to go outside) now someone above the rank off salesman is crushing out of his office wondering why the tornado warning didn't go off and you will see him as he is counting the children approach him about contacting the manufacture for you and giving you the phone when this happens send your pre written text to the driver of the other vehicle this person will corral the children once your on the phone so you can have a conversation in peace. The only thing left to do now is counter act the sweets with wide open space to run scream and yell all they can and when that's done and the kids are passed out on the ride home Just smile and say I love it when a plan comes together

i have a duroboat, and the factory actually contacted me, regarding assistance in rebuilding my boat. i have corresponded with the rep many times. i dont know if this helps, but, some manufacturers offer outstanding service.
dino

I have a McKee Craft it ain't Tin but I called them ,the receptist said Just a minute and she connected with someone that could ..I was the owner of the company L Mckee He answered my Q and said call again if I had more Q. So there are some that are glad to help...cva34

Well sure is great that some of you are finding it so easy to get in touch with the manu. I guess I'll start again after the Holiday's. Maybe the egg nog will have them in a little better frame of mind. I got to watch myself as It's easy for me to get on a rant but back to the customer service. I bought 2 Hewitt Packard camera's several years ago. Couldn't get them to work properly so I call the big 800 tech support number listed on the box. I was connected to tech support and told the man of my problems. He then asked for my credit card number. I repeated to him these were brand new cameras. He said that it didn't matter tech support cost XX amount! I asked to speak with his supervisor and the charge was confirmed. I told the supervisor that I would never own a HP product again. Fast forward 4-5 years and my daughter was entering college. We went to buy a lap top at one of the large electronic stores. The HP factory rep was there and followed us around trying to sell us a HP. I told her the story and although she was apologetic and nice I wanted no part of HP! Now before someone say's jumps in about how good their HP is I know they make a good product but this was about a new machine and tech support. I do know they have a very fine line of products but some things just stick in your craw!

Did you had a bad day? You don't even know whats the name of Hewlett Packard man... to be honest, and not trying to judge you, but sometimes gettting into learning can save you lots of headaches.

Most people at those call centers complain about this and that, and 75% of the time, those problems are user related, things like "the printer doesn't recognize the computer!!" and the service guy asking "Is the printer plugged into the AC outlet?"... "oh man, im sorry it wasnt, bye"....

As for contacting any manufacturer, google it and you'll find the appropiate number. sometimes online yellow pages have the proper number.

As for most things in life, its a matter of good attitude and going for it, no matter what issues we find in the way. :)

Sharpix said:
Did you had a bad day? You don't even know whats the name of Hewlett Packard man... to be honest, and not trying to judge you, but sometimes gettting into learning can save you lots of headaches.

Most people at those call centers complain about this and that, and 75% of the time, those problems are user related, things like "the printer doesn't recognize the computer!!" and the service guy asking "Is the printer plugged into the AC outlet?"... "oh man, im sorry it wasnt, bye"....

As for contacting any manufacturer, google it and you'll find the appropiate number. sometimes online yellow pages have the proper number.

As for most things in life, its a matter of good attitude and going for it, no matter what issues we find in the way. :)

Not to judge me, Huh! Did I do anything right?

Latest posts