Wholesale-outboards dot com . . . anyone used them?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATRIOT

Reaction score
The prices on their website just seem too good to be true. Their comments section contains a lot of broken English and just doesn't sound right to me. It appears at first glance they are a Hong Kong company base out of the US or visa versa. It appears they claim to sell to the general public without having to buy a Conex container full of motors.
Anyway, has anyone had any dealings with them as I've sent them emails asking questions with no response? Doesn't look good.

I have not used that site however I have used https://www.onlineoutboards.com/?gclid=CMT5hNqFuLQCFQeDnQodXwMACQ
and have been very happy.

I also used onlineoutboards.com and am very happy with price and delivery. I bought newa 9.8 Tohatsu 4 stroke for $1869 no tax no shipping. Had it in a week in perfect condition. Came with fuel tank and hose. I use it on my 14' Valco and it will pull 18-19 mph. @ 5960 rpm with just me in it. 295 lbs. :lol:

fool4fish1226 said:
I have not used that site however I have used https://www.onlineoutboards.com/?gclid=CMT5hNqFuLQCFQeDnQodXwMACQ
and have been very happy.
Only thing about these guys . . . they won't ship a motor 25HP up and it has to be "setup" by them. They say Nissan "mandates" this . . . real nice of them to warn that the "setup" might or might not require renting a motel room. LOL

"All outboards 25hp and larger may NOT be shipped due to manufacturer restrictions. Tiller handle (hand driven) models 25hp and larger must be picked up at our location. Remote Steering/Control models must be installed on your boat at our Cookeville, TN location. Engines are installed while you wait and generally do not require an overnight stay. Prices below include taxes and installation. Contact us to purchase and schedule an appointment for pickup/installation. NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy."

Comparing the 2 sites . . . choosing a 40HP over a 20HP for the same price seems a no-brainer.
The new 20HP fuel injected Suzuki was what I was originally shopping for and their price seems incredibly low.

UPDATE: So here's the deal . . . called my credit card company to ask about buyers protection in case these sites from the far east don't come through with a motor or a motor as advertised . . . I was told that after the purchase posts to my bill they would make it right thru their "disputes department" or in other words, don't worry about it, I would not have to make any payments if it didn't work out. I asked them if they wanted to check out the sites beforehand and they said they are not setup to do that.
Feeling better about this potential purchase already . . .especially on the 20HP injected Suzuki for $1890.00 with free shipping which is about $1000 less than other dealers I've seen.

Attachments

• TohatsuSuzukiCompare.JPG
    TohatsuSuzukiCompare.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 2,313
  • DF20A.JPG
    DF20A.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 2,266
erictetterton said:
Any updates???
FINAL UPDATE:
Finally got a "broken-english" reply from these guys. They only do bank transfers and want 30% up front . . . they don't do credit card purchases so guess I'll pass. Plus they want to know your birthdate. Hell, I'm not trying to marry anyone . . . just looking for a new outboard!

Latest posts