Has anyone tried the Mossy Oak carpet from Walmart?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mizzie

Reaction score
Forgive me if there has been a thread about this already, search turned up too vague.

I was at Walmart today picking up something and walked through the Automotive isle (near the seat covers and such) I spotted a couple rolls of Mossy Oak camo 'replacement carpet'. I forget the exact measurements but I'd guess something like maybe 3'x6' or 3'x8' but could be more/less. All I want to do on my boat is a low floor and storage, no raised decking so two of these rolls would do the trick for me I suppose.

I really like the look of them as it would match my seats and overall boat very well. I am just wondering if anyone has used them who can attest to the weather proof and long term ware durability of it.

A picture of it installed on your boat would be great!!

Thanks,
Mike

Please post if you decide to use it, I am interested to see what it looks like. Depending on the cost, if it lasts 2 seasons, thats good enough for me. I just checked the website and for that price I'll pick up a couple rolls. It also gave me an idea. I have those interlocking mats they use for gym floors and kids playrooms. Thinking of gluing the camo carpet to the mats to thicken them up a bit, WAYYYYYYY cheaper than the other options. I will make sure to post a project thread once its done. THanks for the idea.