Spray-On Bed Liner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Will this stuff stick to wood? I'm planning on putting a floor in the center section of my boat, and was thinking. Would this stuff be better than carpet? Would there be any negatives to it? I'm talking the more rubbery kind that you can buy at walmart. Anyone ever messed with it? I've had a can of it forever, but never used it. :-k

It should stick to wood. I have heard plenty of people that like it inside boat hulls. Now, on the outside, I wouldn't dare, but for the inside, it should be good stuff.

I have a friend that has that in his 16' jon instead of wood and carpet. He put it right on the aluminum. It works great underfoot and is super easy to clean. He just hoses the whole thing down and lets it dry. It almost has a stiff/spongy feel to it. The only thing I would say is it sux for sitting on. As soon as the sun hits it it heats up fast so you would be fairly uncomfortable having to sit on the floor for any amount of time. You also would not want to fish in your bare feet on it if you are in to that sort of thing.

bAcKpAiN said:
I have a friend that has that in his 16' jon instead of wood and carpet. He put it right on the aluminum. It works great underfoot and is super easy to clean. He just hoses the whole thing down and lets it dry. It almost has a stiff/spongy feel to it. The only thing I would say is it sux for sitting on. As soon as the sun hits it it heats up fast so you would be fairly uncomfortable having to sit on the floor for any amount of time. You also would not want to fish in your bare feet on it if you are in to that sort of thing.

Well...All i'm wanting to do is spray it on a piece of OSB and use that as the "covering" instead of carpet. The OSB is gonna be removable...its just gonna be a floor for my jonboat. I think i'm gonna try it, I'll post pics whenever I get it worked up. Thanks for the input guys.

OBS isn't the best floor or deck for boat. But I guess if it's free, I might last a little while. If you're going to pay for it and then seal it with Spray-on bed liner, you should just buy plywood.
Does Walmart carry any colors other than black? Black would get awfully hot soaking up all that sun.

bluegillfisher said:
OBS isn't the best floor or deck for boat. But I guess if it's free, I might last a little while. If you're going to pay for it and then seal it with Spray-on bed liner, you should just buy plywood.
Does Walmart carry any colors other than black? Black would get awfully hot soaking up all that sun.

Yeah...I meant Plywood. That's one of the only things I thought about with the black stuff...it would draw alot of heat.

My Triton came with a spray on liner from the factory. It is great.

The paint on my boat heats up a lot faster than the spray liner but it is OD green (and camo) rather than black.

IMG_0936.jpg