FREE BOAT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATRIOT

Reaction score
Saw this on CL . . . I'm not in to plastic boats but by the looks of the lighting and the condition of the windshield the rest of it might be in good shape. Apparently it's a vintage Arkansas Traveler. Most of the vintage project boats I've seen don't even have the windshield any longer, let alone in one piece.
Free boat only . . . as in, no trailer.

. . . but then again . . . is anything really free, after all is said and done???

Attachments

• ArkansasTraveler.jpg
    ArkansasTraveler.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 409
Go for it Patriot! The windshiled alone is worth some money to the right buyer. I have a '59 Arkansas Traveler tinny myself and she's a beaut. Doesn't leak a drop, tracks well on the water and still looks pretty cool. Mine stated off life as a ski boat/runabout just like the one in the pic, but the cap and windshield were long gone by the time I got it so I converted it to a flats/tiller skiff. She works great and gets lots of thumbs up at the dock. Here are some pics

Attachments

• Turkey Day Wakulla beach pics 039.JPG
    Turkey Day Wakulla beach pics 039.JPG
    823.6 KB · Views: 368
  • Turkey Day Wakulla beach pics 045.JPG
    Turkey Day Wakulla beach pics 045.JPG
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 368
  • New river and talquin pics 066.JPG
    New river and talquin pics 066.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 368
I have a 1956 Arkansas Traveler that does not leak. Mine was modified into a duck/bass boat by removing the closed bow and windshield and by putting in a deck which is about five inches higher than the deck in the back and adding a pedestal seat. Its a pretty stable boat although a bit heavy compared to other boats 15 feet long. Nice picture. I always wondered exactly how mine looked before it was modified.

Latest posts