Paint my boat: Color suggestions needed.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
Picked up a pretty good deal on an 1872 SeaArk Center Console. Repowering just after the first of the year and then going to Linex the interior and repaint the exterior. Just not a fan of "Jon Boat Green".

Pics attached and I'd like to get your input on colors for the exterior and interior. I'm in Florida and have to be concerned with HEAT as it gets hotter than heck on the flats so the interior should be a light color. My thoughts are a white exterior and sand color interior.

With that, let's hear your suggestions.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 762
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 762
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 762
Sounds like a good idea for fishing in the heat.

Never saw this mentioned on any forum!
If I were going to paint white, I would add some blue to it. Even if it has a VERY SLIGHT bluish tint thats OK, just don't add too much blue!
We did that in the Navy everytime we painted anything white. It was supposed to keep it from yellowing. ?????
Seemed to work!
Looks like a nice boat!!!

Think I would consider tan inside and out, won't show much dirt/grime, a light color but will not be too bright to cause a bunch of reflection from the sun, etc.,

TNtroller said:
Think I would consider tan inside and out, won't show much dirt/grime, a light color but will not be too bright to cause a bunch of reflection from the sun, etc.,
+2, The same colors for the outside as well. It makes it easier to sneak up to fish on the flats.
My boat has a Navy Blue console that seems to push redfish ahead of me if I get too close. I guess that's
why a lot of guides wear Kaki here. :)

I still like the Brine Craft camoed boat.
Search Brines post for the paint job he did...the white,gray and black colors should work perfect for your tempetures,plus I think it looks great.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6551&p=192826&hilit=brine+camo#p192826
found it.

Latest posts