1442 NCS Alumacraft question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erictetterton

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, this is my first post but i have been watching this site for over a year. I currently have a 1751MV polar kraft and a 1236 alumacraft w/ 15hp yamaha 2 stroke. I modded the 1236 by putting an aluminum deck extending from the middle bench to the bow (flush with the benches). The boat is very stable with me in it. I made this boat with fly fishing in mind (i love to fly fish). The boat is very compact and is fun but i am wondering if i should upgrade to the 1442 NCS? It has the same layout as the boat i have modded, but will have more room in the center and .010 gauge difference in aluminum. The front deck would be slightly smaller in the 1442 i suspect but the boat would be 6" wider. I would also keep the 15hp yamaha to use if i chose to upgrade. @ $1500 for the 1442NCS would u guys upgrade or just be humble with the setup here? Im 150lbs and fish in ponds and the tar river. I will try to get some pics of my boat up soon. I just got done with the mod and i'm still in the "show off all my hard work stage"

it's all about what makes you happy. I started off with a 1236, but needed a little bigger boat when I had someone else start fishing with me, and I moved up to a 1546. That worked great for about 3 years, but I started fishing bigger waters and wanted a bit bigger boat. Now I've got an 1860 and I think this will be the last aluminum boat I buy.

Get what you think you will be happy with. Personally, I would look at either a 1448 if you are considering a 1442. The extra width from a 36 to a 42 is good, but it's unbelievable what you get when you go from a 36 to a 46 or 48" floor. When you get above 42, alot of times you'll also get a bit wider beam and it's even that more stable and you can put as much deck in it as you want and not worry too much.

I had a tracker sportsman1448sc and didnt care for it too much. I have yet to see a 1448 with no center seat in a riveted jon. I feel like the center seat is a waste of space. I also enjoy being able to ride close to 40 miles on 2 gallons of gas with the setup i have now. I will be fishing with 2 ppl max and i think either the 1236 or 1442 would be ideal. Just wondering if the extra space in the 1442 would justify spending that $1500

I doubt it... you'll lose top end speed when you go to a wider boat, and with a 15hp you'll lose the gas mileage too

BUT -- if you can sell the 1236, it might be worth it to you for what you can get out of it

Thanks for the reply. I think i will hold off for now. I really like my little boat... a lot more than my 17ft just because of the $ it takes to use it. I will try to post pics of my boats soon. I tried from my phone but i got an error message

Fisher has done a lot of different setups over the years based on the ones I've seen. Mine is a 1540 but it came with 2 pedestal seats and no benches. I've seen others with different factory setups but I think they have switched over to all welded construction on their newer models so they won't have your "1442 all riveted" but you might find it in an older one.

Latest posts