'78 MonArk: Looking for ideas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Aug

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to the forum so I thought I would post of few pics and get started! Bought this 16 foot '78 MonArk a few years ago and slowly began to fix her up. Originally I only planned to replace the decking but my OCD kicked in and I ended up taking the boat down to bare bones, replacing the livewell hosing, welding in a battery platform, and redecking and recarpeting. I should mention that before this I have never had a boat, that I have limited tools, and am only marginally handy with tools. Long story short I spent a lot more time and money than I estimated but now that I have I plan to keep her and continue to upgrade slowly. The motor has run strong for 2 seasons but has a lot of melted and corroded wiring and a reliable source told me that if and when she goes it will be very expensive to replace beacuse of the motor being so old...
So for nowI am running her as is but would like to put a Yamaha 40 hp on, replace all the wiring for the batteries and ights, put in a new fuse panel, radio, 2nd battery, trolling motor, and depth/fish finder. Also she has 2 livelwells but one leaks and is not in use. The trailer still needs to be refinsihed as well. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

--Can't seem to upload photos at present so I will try again in a few...

Attachments

• IMAG0110.jpg
    IMAG0110.jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 1,082
  • IMAG0109.jpg
    IMAG0109.jpg
    882.1 KB · Views: 1,081
  • IMAG0108.jpg
    IMAG0108.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 1,081
Congrats nice lookn ride!

That console turned out pretty sweet! I know what u mean by the OCD. I thought about doing a console but I ended up going the tiller route to try and keep things some what simple.

When I started my project my number one goal was to get on the water now and not years from now, so as much as I wanted a console I scratched that figured more room for decks.

And welcome to the forums!

Latest posts