homemade jack plate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truth2

Reaction score
New guy here wondering if anyone could tell me if there would be any performance advantage to a adjustable jack plate for my 15hp Honda 4 stroke on my 14' Meyers.
My buddy is a welder and he found some prints for a sweet little aluminum jackplate and wants to make one.

Is this a "free" jack plate?? The whole purpose is to give you set back and be able to raise the lower unit so you can run shallower and get better performance. Maybe someone else with this size boat and motor combo can chime in if this will help or not. I know on my 17ft with a 25 it did help also because the motor shaft length I had to have one.

Ya its free other than ill owe him a couple river smallmouth trips that he would have gone with me on anyway.
Ill post a pic of one he found on the net that he said he could easily duplicate or he could improve on. He also said he could make it out of diamond plate if i want him too just for a new look.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357173483522.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357173483522.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,145
I have a TH mini jacker. The river I'm on is very shallow and my motor is a longer short shaft.

I guess the price is right so i may as well have him do it.
Ill post pics when completed.
Thanks for the input.

It looks similar to ones tha I looked at before building mine. I have the adjustment slides on the sides as well. They are nice but it is hard to make adjustments on the water unless you have two people or get wet. If your buddy can find a way to make it adjustable from the top by a large threaded rod and bolt that will make it more easily adjusted

5089ECE2-473F-4736-97F2-A0959F03B72E-1342-000002285F87FDCE.jpg

Latest posts