First Boat, First post, First mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason.kokos

Reaction score
Hello All,

First and foremost these forums are great. Loving all the knowledge I'm getting from others' posts. I picked up a 14' Grumman flat bottom with a 8 HP Johnson Seahorse. I'm extremely excited and have already started my modifications. Things have gone great so far. As far as the pics go below, does anyone think this is going to be too much weight due to the wood? I would've used aluminum but am on an extremely tight budget. My worries are that it's going to be too top heavy, especially if I put a 13-17" pedestal seat up on the newly built deck.

Between all the materials right now I'm under $200!

Hope i'm not posting these pics incorrectly. Tried following the instruction and rules of the forum.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0672 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0672 (Custom).JPG
    649.2 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0675 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0675 (Custom).JPG
    757.2 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0644 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0644 (Custom).JPG
    612.9 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0175 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0175 (Custom).JPG
    526.3 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0622 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0622 (Custom).JPG
    699.2 KB · Views: 325
Nice work - with a 48" bottom you should be ok just be careful with your movements and the movement of anyone else you have the boat with you.

Again nice lookin rig you got there :beer:

actually the bottom is only about 38". Too much weight? I plan to send the battery to the stern to take weight off the bow. so besides that the only weight upfront will be the TM, a pedestal seat, and a 165# guy.

Luckily, I've made the floors easily removable to lessen the weight if need be. I just don't want to be too top heavy sitting up there rocking back and forth trying to land a LMB.