Need Ideas For Mounting Fish Finder Display

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojo^

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some ideas about how to mount a display unit for a fish finder. It's a tiller drive boat and I just have the one bench seat in the rear. No console or anything like that. I'm an old school guy and still like the old Lowrance or Eagle flashers and I need ideas on where and/or how to mount the flasher.

Thanks!

This is how I mounted mine, it's about as simple as it gets.

Attachments

• 597ciHDinstall 001P.jpg
    597ciHDinstall 001P.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 869
I riveted an L-bracket into the front of my boat and another in the middle of my boat, and then drilled a hole through the center of each of them. I then cut a wooden base for my fishfinder and put a 6inch bolt out of the bottom, so I can drop my fishfinder down into the hole of the L-bracket. That way I can move it around as I like. I'll try and post a picture of it when I get home.

consider a ram mount, will give some adjustability so as you move and wiggle around on the bench, it would be easy to adjust for easy/good viewing from different angles/positions.

Thanks for the replies guys. I originally wanted to mount it like Gillhunter but, due to a design flaw of my own creation, can't do it that way now. I made a rear deck of sorts that covers the rear bench and flotation cells. The deck is sealed with epoxy, carpeted and has aluminum trim. On the side of the bench where the fish finder should be mounted I have a hatch that gives access to my wiring/switch boxes and storage areas. I think I'm going to try to modify one of those Sully's mounts from BassPro and see how that works. I'll post some pics, one of these days.

Latest posts