Any big boys on here??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA1dad

Reaction score
At near 280 pounds, I find that I can put a serious stress test on seat pedistals. Any of you big fellas got a first hand recommendation on seat setups that wil take a load?

- Jason

Wow!
You just awakened me.
Doc says I've gained 70 lbs, nearing 275, since the last time I went fishing.
I wonder if my old Ranger seat will hold me?
I better go down to the Barn and give it the Load Test!

On all my 'through bolted' tables and seats I put some wood backing for a bigger foot print.
But I did have a Weld Break right at the Seat/pedastle junction. Back when I was a lightweight too.

I just bought new seats at the end of this past summer that haven't received a full test yet. I've only got the back seat installed so far but even though I weight 290, I'm not hard on seats. My brother on the other hand thinks he's in a lazy boy recliner when he gets in my boat and he destroyed both of my last 2 seats. He laid back in them so much that the aluminum starts to fold/bend where the stops meet. I got a different style hinge on this set so I'm hoping they hold up better.

I haven't bought one yet but I talked to someone on the phone at Veada and they claimed they have never had one of the big seats returned.

https://veada.com/fishing-boat-seats/fs600l-fishing-bass-boat-seat.html

I'm 6'6 300+ and I don't recall ever breaking a seat but I'm always complaining about the seats not being high enough.....really puts a hurting on my knees

GA1dad said:
At near 280 pounds, I find that I can put a serious stress test on seat pedistals. Any of you big fellas got a first hand recommendation on seat setups that wil take a load?

- Jason

Homemade is good too if you have the resources.

Here is an older post of mine.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24466

After using this seat all last summer I've found some things I'd do different. Made this one just a little too big. When sitting naturally my legs end up right on the front corners which is compressing the foam. So either a little narrower or maybe rounded more on the corners next time.

GA1dad said:

- Jason
I just realized that you may be having problems with the pedestals instead of the seats. So just to clarify, which are are you having problems with?

Bugpac said:
Tempress seats, stay away from wise, the hinges suck for big guys.

I hate to hear that because the seats I just bought have hinges of similar design to what wise uses. And just looking at the wise hinges, I would think that they are stronger than what I got.

If my brother tears up my new seats, all he's gonna get on future fishing trips is a 5 gal bucket and a pad if he's lucky. :evil:

Join the challenge, save the wear and tear on your seats.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28391

You'll probably save alot of wear and tear on your heart and health. I don't think 280s is a healthy weight for anyone, unless you're about 9"11". :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

BigBoy said:
I'm 6'6 300+ I'm always complaining about the seats not being high enough.....really puts a hurting on my knees

YEP, =D> and after so many years of that stress, you'll be needing med's! So get that seat up a bit higher and you'll last a bit longer. :wink:

thudpucker said:
On all my 'through bolted' tables and seats I put some wood backing for a bigger foot print.
+2, Here is a molded seat by TODD that cost a few bucks more, but holds up very well on my boat.
DSC00442.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

cva34 said:
Jonboat Jerry said:
thudpucker said:
+2, Here is a molded seat by TODD that cost a few bucks more, but holds up very well on my boat.
DSC00442.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00446.jpg
Those are great seats I got a couple ,,and i big boy...cva34

Those don't cost as much as I thought they might. Do they work on the pin type 3/4" pedestal?

5 x 5 or 4 x 4 , I can't remember which.

Latest posts