sumpen your water out

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

17ft'r

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 14' mirro crft and I am going to mod a floor into it, to make for level walken around.
My question is, as I have seen in your forums with the (floor ribbing), how do you remove any water that might get (between) the floor and the hull?, you know like a very rainy fishing day/big waves.

I 've seen the pics and it looks like most if not all of the (ribbing) attaches to the (hull webs).
Seems like that would (puddle) the water.

Only thing I can imagine is that the floor would be (sealed) so well no water could ever get in, but never say never.

The way it is now is I just hand lift the trailer and boat and drain, or a sump pump if bad enough.
Once I put in the floor I don't see how that will drain anymore.
So who wants to shame me first?

Advise if its out there,
Thanks,

17ft'

It does have a drain plug, it just seems the frame work for the floor would obstruct the flow of the water from bow to stern to get to the plug.

17ft'r

It may slow down the drain process but all but a little will normally drain out. Enough that the remainder will evaporate. I always pull my drain plug once the boat is on the trailer and raise the front of the trailer until there is a good downward slope to the back when I park it. Any water usually drains out on the drive home but once in a while I'll see a some dripping after I park it.

some ribs on some boats have a lil notch in the middle of the ribs to allow drainage...mine does. you could always drill a small hole in each one in the center if it bothers you, it would me...

My Mirrorcraft has small opening's in the centerline below the ribs.....gravity will take most of the water to the back of the boat, then your bilge pump can do its job.

A picture is worth a thousand words. ;-) Post some of your ride so we can see what you're working with; that will help people better understand your problem and offer better solutions.

:postpics:

Latest posts