Looking to buy a Tracker 1448 with a 25 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simoniz

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post so I hope I am posting in the right area. Anyway, I'm looking to purchase a Tracker Grizzly 1448. I have a big fiberglass boat but I want a small aluminum boat to fish in some large ponds and on a 50 HP Max city lake. Been trying to find one used but I am little picky and plus these seem to sell as soon as they are listed on Craigslist.

I often thing about things too much. Locals seem to really like the Tacker Grizzly's and I keep going back forth on whether to get a 4stroke Mercury 25 prop motor or for $700 more I could get a Jet motor.

In the 1448 size, is the Tracker Grizzly top notch? Thoughts on my motor wants. Don't care to run 30mph but don't want to run 10mph either. Also is the 4stroke prop motor a lot quieter then the jet motor?

Thanks, just looking some thoughts and opinions.

i love my grizzly, i have a 1448 side console. i have the 20hp merc. 4 stroke, i can run 24 mph with just me in the boat and 22 with a buddy and his gear. i wish i had the 25 on mine.

lovedr79 said:
i love my grizzly, i have a 1448 side console. i have the 20hp merc. 4 stroke, i can run 24 mph with just me in the boat and 22 with a buddy and his gear. i wish i had the 25 on mine.

Thanks for the reply!

Grizzly are good boats for sure.

Lowe also makes some great welded johns (roughneck line) and some other good brands are G3 and Crestliner.

I would go prop over jet. Cheaper to fix and more power. A 25hp jet you wont be getting 25hp out of. I havent heard anything bad about the smaller grizzlys. Im looking into a 1754 or 1860

Here in SW Missouri there is one for sale. Here is the link https://springfield.craigslist.org/boa/3511301692.html

Check it out.

Latest posts