moving up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinNC

Reaction score
Not trying to make a living or turn a profit, but a buddy got me to thinking, as well as some of yalls posts...

My buddy's situation. He bought a 14ft flat bottom for $800. Minimal work ($150), he sold it for $1400. He got a couple years use out of it in the mean time, so it wasn't that he was TRYING to turn a profit on it...he just eventually got serious enough that he wanted to purchase new, and exactly what he wanted.

Now, the question, How many of you modify or fix up, flip it, and put that money towards your next purchase, until you get the project boat you really want? Kind of like trading up. Of course it would mean you have more time than sense, but if you enjoy it, and piddle with it when you have time...

I'm looking at possibly going from a 16'er to 18 or 20, but I think I could fix the 1648 up a little, and have enough to buy a decent project 18 or so.

I purchased my 12' mirro craft w/ 9.8 mercury (model 110) for $600.00 about two years ago..
I added trolling motor, stereo, front deck / storage, and a fish finder, also pretty much rebuilt the trailer. I've had it on Craig's list for $900.00, it's been about a month & have had zero calls.
If I wanted to upgrade can't see that I could using this method.

Latest posts