Opinions on this boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassfishinginmi

Reaction score
Sorry this is my first post. Been browsing here for a while now! But I need your guy's opinions on this boat. Long story short I wanna restore a boat, I can get this boat for under $100.00. Should I go for it?

Here is some information I have been told. Its a flat bottom, fiberglass, and its 15 feet long. No holes either (I don't know if that's true)

Please you guys! I really need to know should I jump on this?

Attachments

• 20130105_075711.jpg
    20130105_075711.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 376
  • 3Ib3L13N45L35Fc5S1ccffb638fe575021222.jpg
    3Ib3L13N45L35Fc5S1ccffb638fe575021222.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 376
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 376
that will be a heavy boat, so you will need more hp to power it. A aluminum will be lighter, and easier to maintain. It doesnt look bad, but I do like aluminum! :D

kunni

Unless you’re good at fiberglass work and are willing to put a lot of time and resources/dollars into it my opinion is no! Just like the other guys said, find an aluminum hull. There out there you just have to look. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. Find an aluminum hull.

You can get a similarly shaped aluminum boat for the same price if you look around a bit.

I like fiberglass boats, but as others have said its gonna be heavy. So unless you plan on trailering it, I would go aluminum. If you do decide to go for it, I would inspect it very carefully and even see if you can put it in the water before you buy it. Make sure there are no leaks, fiberglass is tricky to deal with when you have holes.

Latest posts