Lowe Stinger 160 Recessed Trolling Motor Pedal Tray

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikfer2037

Reaction score
Just completed installing a recessed trolling motor control tray in my 2011 Lowe Stinger 160 bass boat. Not a lot of information out there for installing one of these in aluminum boat decks. Really helps with boat control while standing and gets the control pedal out of the way to minimize tripping and possibly getting a bit wet in the process. I'll send a few photos of the process if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• Tray Cut-out 4.JPG
    Tray Cut-out 4.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 2,206
Here are a couple photos of the deck cut-out. Had to cut a couple segments of the aluminum support beams. However, the deck support was not compromised in any way. Still very sound deck structure around the cut out area.

Attachments

• Tray Cut-out 2.JPG
    Tray Cut-out 2.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 2,159
  • Tray Cut-out 1.JPG
    Tray Cut-out 1.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 2,160
Thanks. However, I didn't build this. This is a prefabricated welded aluminum recess tray made by ComforTroll.
I ordered it online. Comes with a deck cut-out template, drain hose and stainless steel screws for securing the tray to the deck. Not too hard to install.

I wish my foot pedal on my Minn Kota Fortrex sat as low in the tray as yours does... I think Minn Kota changed the design of the new motors foot pedal and even though it's recessed, I wish it sat about 3/4" lower than it does now so that when I stand on the pedal, it's level with the deck...

rsz_img-20130121-00106_zps5d1118cd.jpg

Just used an electric jig saw with metal cutting blades. You'll need to drill four 3/8" holes at each corner for access of the saw blade. Broke a couple of blades in the process but cut-out went pretty well.

Latest posts