questions about Lowe 1448 models

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nohasslekindaguy

Reaction score
Hi, new member here. I currently have a 2012 Lowe l1436. I really like it. It's very well made. Since I bought it, my needs have changed. I am considering going to a 1448. I am wondering about the pros and cons between a flat bow and mod v, and 15" and 20" transom. I have an Evinrude 9.5 with a short shaft, but I believe I will be buying a long conversion kit for it, so I have options. I may someday go to a bigger motor, but probably no more than a 15. You never know, though. I will be putting a bow mount trolling motor on it along with a floor. No wild decking, just a flat floor. Half the time I fish alone, and the other half will be with my dad. I will be using it on the edges of larger lakes as well as small electric only lakes. I appreciate any help from someone with more boating experience than I have. Lowe makes a flat bow in long or short transom, as well as a mod v with long or short. Which would be my best bet? Thanks a lot.

Marty

Personally I like the Mod Vs. They give a nicer ride than the flat front boats if the water gets a little choppy. It might just be in my mind, but the Mod Vs also seem to track a little better.

I also like a taller transom .... just seems safer and dryer to me.

I had a nice 1448 mod v with a 15 horse mariner and it was a great combo. I could fish three adults out of that boat with no problems.