Simple hull repair

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey

Reaction score
I purchased an old boat that has had many home made rod holders and brackets screwed to it over the years. I would like to remove all of this and cover the holes to give the boat a neat and clean look. What is an effective and simple way to cover the holes, knowing that I am eventually going to paint it.

Pop rivets as long as there less than 1/4 in dia..Use only alu body /alu mandrell and if any are below waterline use the above material but closed end pop rivets with a little of your favorite sealer (5200/marine goop/epoxy) in /around hole..cva34

cva34 said:
Pop rivets as long as there less than 1/4 in dia..Use only alu body /alu mandrell and if any are below waterline use the above material but closed end pop rivets with a little of your favorite sealer (5200/marine goop/epoxy) in /around hole..cva34

I never would have thought of that! I was thinking along the lines of a filler of some sort. I don't guess there outdo be anything wrong with drilling the holes and inserting a rivet.

Latest posts