Is this boat worth the price?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcontrer82

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying this tracker jon boat off of craigslist but I am not sure since the guy says that the motor was slipping? What do you all think? Any advice would be helpful. Oh and I got him down to $900. Thanks.

Here is the ad:

14FT boat motor & trailer - $1300 (san antonio tx)

14 FT Bass Tracker green flat btm boat/ (10) mounted rod holders side console/ livewel / 35 lbs thrust Minkota
trolling motor/35 HP Evinrude motor startes first turn of key. Just had new impeller and starter with tune up runs great . May need prop rebuild or cluch or cable ajustment dont know . motor is a 82 . boat is 1990
Great boat for hunting ducks and fishing .Trailer is in good condition also with spair.

Attachments

• 305.jpg
    305.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 335.jpg
    335.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 250
  • 570.jpg
    570.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 250
In my neck of the woods that's a decent buy. Ecspecially if all that needs done to the motor is prop rebuilt. If you want a 14' boat I would say you would be alright to buy it and not get hurt. Good luck!

The pics didn't work for me, but I would be very careful about buying that motor. It sounds like it could have a bad lower unit .... which is pretty expensive to fix or replace.

The age old Craigslist advice of "its gonna be a LOT worse than the ad says" might apply here.

The boat, if in good shape, is worth nearly $900. Allocate the diff to the motor and you'll feel ok if it turns out to be more expensive to fix than you think.

It really depends on where you are at and what you are looking for. If you are really looking for a boat and motor then ya might wanna look some more. The motor obviously has some issues. For that motor in decent running condition I would think 500-600 (I am no expert, but thats what I would expect) and in the condition that is mentioned I would figure on a 200-300 value (if even that, assuming it is something minor). That makes the boat around a grand...which I wouldn't pay for a fourteen foot boat, but as I said it will depend on where you are. In my area, you can find fourteen foot boats with good running motors for under a grand fairly easily. If you are just looking for the hull and trailer and are willing to put some work in on the motor and maybe have it turn out ok, then I would make a lower offer and see what happens. Good luck whatever ya decide!
Chris