Tracker 1436 Weight capacity

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SantaClo

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm little worried about my tracker 1436 max weight capacity of 580lbs (max person weight 375lbs).

I run this boat on a small lake with no or very little waves, and I'm wondering if it would be ok to exceed maximum capacity a little.

Is anyone owning a tracker 1436 can tell me how much weigh you're putting into it?

Thanks!!

i have been in a small john boat witch would be around 1236 i would believe and there was 3 of us about 200 pounds each or so 2 batteries trolling motor and minimal fishing gear we fished for a few hours no problem water was very calm (glass) but you couldn't stand up at all to tipsy if a ski boat came by it would have swamped us for sure we didnt cross the lake just rode the shore line and fished

Small farm pond or such would most likely be fine to be a little overloaded. A larger river or reservoir subject to wind or wave action, I would not recommend overloading. Drowning is not worth the risk.

With the low 15inch sides on the Tracker, the biggest concern would be waves coming over the sides, bow, or transom along with the possibility of someone getting near the edge and forcing the boat under water. It only takes a second in the last instance before you are sunk. I have a Tracker 1542 so I am familiar with these boats. I think 2 people and some gear though and you should be fine in most situations. Anything more and you are risking trouble. Those ratings are not arbitrary.

Latest posts