12' Gamefisher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How'd you clean that Aluminum up so it shines so clean looking?
And then did you primer the Bottom before you painted it?
You can tell us a little about what you did. We promise to listen closely =D>

Lol!
Used aluminum brightener, spray on rinse off. Self etching primer then paint.

Put my home made jack plate on today and took her down to the cut. Even though the boat is rated for a 10hp that was back in 84 don't believe four stroke electric start was that common back then! (See pic you will understand what I am talking about).

It ran very well! Really like the way this boat tracks and turns. Only got up to 21 mph with me and the wife.

Check out the pics!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360474124.062326.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360474146.017158.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360474165.434761.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360474183.582373.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360474197.816007.jpg

Oh yea.
The jack plate was 4, twelve inch pieces of 3X2X1/4. Drilled and slotted to slide.

Any who the search is on for a short shaft 2 stroke 9.9 with electric start as this boat is for the wife.

Well this is my first paint job so don't know if it will last or what but it was an $8 can of rust oleum. Sprayed with a Harbor Freight cheap paint gun. Might not last but it was fun for a fist time trial.

I think you've got just a bit too much motor on it with that one. :lol: What size is that one anyways? Other than the mfg tag on the side, that gamefisher is identical to the one I had.

It is a Nissan 9.8 four stroke electric start long shaft. It is fine in the water but will have to be pulled off while trailering. It put a slight bow in the transom yesterday on the way home.

The sticker on mine was long since gone when I got the boat but I doubt if it was rated for anything over a 6-8 hp. And since they were built before the 4 strokes came along, they didn't consider that weight addition. With nothing more than the 2 little pieces of wood on either side, the transom can't be very strong. You might be able to beef the transom up a bit with some square tubing under the top lip of the transom that goes from one side to the other, and installing a full width piece of wood on the inside (or outside if thickness becomes an issue). Mine only had a little ½" thick small rectangle piece of wood on the inside and the same keystone shaped piece yours has on the outside.

Yep made the out side piece go all the way down and instead of a small rectangle piece on the inside I put a larger pice of stainless steel plate. The plate is still in mine and readable and it states 10 hp and 3 people.

Latest posts