15 ft Lowe deal?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattb91193

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about this deal? Its a 15 ft Lowe Rover rivetted jon. It includes the 6hp motor, a little small in my opinion. 43lb thrust trolling motor, and the trailer. $1,900. lowest he'll go.

Or a 2008 Tracker topper 14, and a 2006 8hp Motor with trailer for $1,500?

Which one would you go for?

Attachments

• 3G83M13Fa5Na5Le5H7d176ee7851f162f1394.jpg
    3G83M13Fa5Na5Le5H7d176ee7851f162f1394.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 513
The Lowe is going to be a much better boat and more stable but way under powered. I would be amazed if it will get on plane. The Tracker is a better buy price wise especially if it has the Tracker trailer and will run pretty good with the 8 horse. I can't tell you which to get but just giving you some facts. Both seem to be priced very reasonable for what they are.

Buy the Lowe and then turn right around and sell the motor as soon as you could and upgrade to a larger one. The Lowe boat is much better than the Tracker but both will be underpowered.

IMO, unless you're fishing on HP restricted lakes, they are both underpowered. And why would you buy something just to have to turn around and try to sell of parts of it and then look for a suitable motor. Take your time and find one that has what you want and need, they buy that one. Who knows, you might even find a better deal because I don't think either one one of those is a smoking hot deal, especially for this time of the year.

I would keep looking if I were you. I bought a 1980 Lowe Big Jon 1648 with trolling motor, 2002 25hp Mercury, galvanized trailer, and a few other accessories for $1,700. Be patient and keep looking for a better deal if I were you.

Alright guys, thanks for your help. That's what I am going to do, wait and see if I can find a better deal. I have been looking for so long and haven't found a good one yet. I'll Just keep on looking I suppose.

Both seem kinda high to me. The one with the 2006 motor is probably closer to a fair deal but still seems high to me. With spring on the way I bet more boats will be going up for sale, of course the prices will probably be higher but you can still find some deals. Ya might try looking for old boats sitting behind peoples houses. Look em over as best you can, decided if the hull looks solid, and make an offer. You might find someone that just wants the thing out of their yard.
Chris

Latest posts