Bare Hull - need some help with seating

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb93

Reaction score
I did a search on "bench" and came up with lots of topics on people that want to remove them. I have the opposite problem...I need some. I would like to put a deck up front with storage underneath, bench seat in the middle and aft with storage/livewell under lids. I think wood will be too heavy and I don't have the tools needed to build boxes out of aluminum. What kind of a metal fab shop should I be searching for? I am in the Dallas, TX area - so any referrals would be great.

AluminumBoat_zpsc6745e33.jpg

you dont need to build them so to speak...get some aluminum sheet(whatever thickness you desire) and either find a shop with a brake to bend them or bend them yourself. not that hard with some c clamps,mallet and a sturdy workbench with a straight line...

Also could use angle if bending is a problem. Just make sure the bottom pc. fits under the top pc. for strength. Can rivet, screw, bolt it together.

I'm just n of you in blueridge tx. I don't know how wide your boat is but I pulled my center bench out of my 12 ft sv if you want it or I may know some people to bend ya some seats.

Latest posts