Wise seat pedestals

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regib

Reaction score
Doe anyone have an opinion on Wise pedestals? I am looking to put in raised seats in my mirrocraft on the middle and back bench and don't really want to drill a big hole in the benches to accommodate swivl-eze and springfield type bases. The wise pedestals are surface mount with 4 screws. I can't use bolts due to the bench being filled with foam. I would be looking at the 7" fixed height pedestals. I am concerned about them not being sturdy enough when you lean back. Does anyone have these on their boat and if so, how do you like them?

I've got 4 of them on my pontoon, they are ok but I'm only 155lbs soaking wet. I'm not sure if I'm going to use them or not on my 18' Lowe or not I might go with the screw in type!

Mrtoler, what do you mean when you say you might go with the screw in type? What types are these? maybe something I've overlooked.

What I did was buy two Slider G5's and then mounted the 7" pedastals to the Slider. This way I can still move side to side and I am up higher which is alot more comfortable. I am about 275 lbs and I have had no issues at all. I really beleive in this set up for its durability and flexability.

Ol Sarge

I've had one for years that I used for a while on my old 14' Tracker and I now use it on my g5 slider. I have absolutely no concerns about them being sturdy or flexing.

I also have in the past and currently do use pin style pedestal bases. Personally I think the pedestals are worth the extra money in the versatility you get out of them.
You don't always have to use a pedestal, you can put the seat right in the base when you want to sit a little lower. You can take them off when you're trailering or storing the boat under the cover. You can sit right on the plate if you don't want to bring the seat at all. They look good. There's a ton of positives and if you're going to be putting holes in the seat for the wise pedestal anyway, so just drill one more hole in the middle for the plate. It's worth it! :D

Here's the build thread from my old 1436 where I just bolted the plates into the seat.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21927&p=275218&hilit=+tracker#p275218
I did add a piece of wood for extra stability since the aluminum on the Tracker 1436 is somewhat thin and the seat is wide.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to go w/ the 3/4 pin style, as Butthead made a lot of sense. I also have a raised pin style pedestal on the casting deck I installed, so overall it would look a lot better keeping everything the same.

regib said:
Mrtoler, what do you mean when you say you might go with the screw in type? What types are these? maybe something I've overlooked.

The ones I have now are the pin type, they are very easily removed and like mentioned above you can remove the center post and the bracket on the seat will slide into the floor mount for trailering. I've herd some stories about the plastic pins wearing out and the post becoming tippy. The same ppl recommend a post that's threaded on the bottom so they are tight in the base!

Latest posts