who has a gheenoe ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peabody

Reaction score
and how does she do on the lakes and rivers ?

i have this yamaha 9.9 remote.... thinking a gheenoe with stick steering...

peabody

don't have one but have been interested in them for a couple months. Check out customgheenoedotcom, some info there that might help. That 9.9 would be a nice one to have. Been considering finding a similar OB to start the process, like I need another toy. I do like the projects tho. LOL

I have a Riverhawk....pretty much the same. Mine is 15'8" with 52" beam and open hull. Mine is rigged with 15 HP which really moves it nicely. Gheenoes are a tad higher in quality of materials, but the difference is really minimal. These are good for small rivers and great for any flat water.

A friend had a Riverhawk that was the same size as ducktroopers. It was a surprisingly stable boat. My friend had a 9.9 on his, but it wouldn't plane out with 2 big people and duck hunting gear. I believe his motor was a little sick though.

I've got a RiverHawk B60 w/ a Honda 15 four stroke. In the summer, I've got a 'Mac's River Runner' installed, which robs performance, but is worth it. Even with that, it will plane two guys and a bait tank with 15-20 gallons. Doesn't exactly scoot, but planes, and moves comfortably.

Remarkably stable. If you stabilize yourself on the bait tank, walking along the top of the gunwale is very doable, and the boat doesn't list much at all.

It does NOT like rough water. It is a great platform (except that it is made of fiberglass, a truly inferior boat building material) for smaller lakes, flat rivers, and swamps, but is very uncomfortable when it gets rough. It tends to spear through waves rather than riding over them, so if there are boat wakes, or worse, whitecaps, you will ship a fair amount of water.

well shoot....im on the truman lake mo.
its a big lake.... the water does get rough......im a big guy almost 290 #
the wife 160 ...sooooo ... i think i better just finnish my brockway scow skiff.
thanks guys.

Latest posts