Stuck pedestal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regib

Reaction score
During these nice sunny days (although very cold) I have been working on my 14' Mirrocraft. I just installed the swivel-eze 3/4 pin pedestal system. My problem is that once I installed the seat onto the pedestal, I cannot remove the pedestal from the seat mount. It's stuck. Is there any trick to removing the pedestal? I would think that all you should have to do is pull up on it for removal. They are non threaded. I got the seat project done just in time for an inch of snow. My neighbors think I'm crazy!!

They make two types of the non-threaded 3/4" pin systems, one is a straight pin, and the other has a groove near the end of the pin and is a locking type. I only have the non-locking type, so I don't know the release method on them. Check https://www.swivleze.com, maybe they have directions there.

Try some lube/wd-40 maybe. Had one once that I had to remove base and flip upside down and beat it out. Anyone ever try anti-seize on their pins?

johnnybassboat said:
Try some lube/wd-40 maybe. Had one once that I had to remove base and flip upside down and beat it out. Anyone ever try anti-seize on their pins?
parkerdog said:
My back one I have to use a pipe wrench turning and pulling up at the same time. Tight fit.

Did both of these at the same time last time mine got stuck

I put the seat pedestal in a vise today and was able to get the pedestal off. Pain in the neck but I got them apart. Got to rethink it before putting them back together.