Tracker Avalanche Set Up Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizzy_ghs

Reaction score
I got a great deal on a 2003 Tracker Avalanche 18 DC. I got it at a bank repo for $2900! It has been re-powered with a 200 HP Evinrude. It's only rated for 175 HP. The motor will start, but runs rough and dies. I'm going to take it to a mechanic to have it looked at.

Here's my question: If the amount of repairs needed end up being extensive, will my 90 HP Force that I have on my other boat push the Avalanche? I'm not looking to go fast, just be able to plane out and run around 40mph. Will that be possible with the 90 HP?

I had a 90hp Yamaha on a Polar Kraft 168SC that had about the same hull weight and it would run 41mph.

A friend has a 1860 center console grizzly with a 90 on it. It has no problems moving 3 large people with all of their duck hunting gear. 35MPH is no problem and he still has a bit more to go on the throttle. On a boat that size, I would definitely stay above 50 hp though. 50 should be the bare minimum.

Latest posts