Our project!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamantste

Reaction score
Hello folks... Just wanted to thank everyone for sharing. This site and a couple of others like it motivated us to turn our family freebie into the boat pictured below. Let us know what you think! Thanks!

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,644
jamantste, looks nice. I like the cooler seat in the middle. How did you anchor it down?

Welcome to the site :WELCOME:

The hole cut in the floor panels is so tight that the carpet and the snug fit is holding it right now. It sits in it about 2 inches. We will probably add some industrial strength velcro to the bottom later.

I love it! Nice, open and simple. Great job!

Welcome and thanks for joining! :beer:

Does it have a trolling motor? Any additional plans in the future for it?

Jim :D

Thanks....yes it came with an OLD OLD trolling motor. It has been painted several times and has one toggle on the front. We MAY clean that up and mount it. As far as future plans... a couple... We still have to hurculine the back, paint the exterior, we are adding nav lights, interior lights, switch and fuse panel, bimini top is on order, deep cycle and voltmeter, cup and rod holders need to be mounted, and some may cringe at this one, but a SMALL amp and two speakers so that and ipod can be plugged into (for when the boat is in recreation mode) ... just to name a few...

jamantste said:
Thanks....yes it came with an OLD OLD trolling motor. It has been painted several times and has one toggle on the front. We MAY clean that up and mount it. As far as future plans... a couple... We still have to hurculine the back, paint the exterior, we are adding nav lights, interior lights, switch and fuse panel, bimini top is on order, deep cycle and voltmeter, cup and rod holders need to be mounted, and some may cringe at this one, but a SMALL amp and two speakers so that and ipod can be plugged into (for when the boat is in recreation mode) ... just to name a few...

I like the ipod idea! Not to loud, but something in the background is cool! :beer:

Been toying with the idea of one for my boat but when doing the salmon trolling thing it might be a problem. 10 foot rods going from back deck to center and front decks. WOW, I just thought of something... Maybe... I'll be checking to see if mounting my rigger board to my FRONT cleats would be feasible... Hmmm...

Below is the pic of the bimini that went on today and the speakers that went in. The vertical surface where the speakers are mounted will be painted the same orange as the other parts. Oh, the amp too. The iPod sounds great in the boat maybe a little too loud but that is why we have volume controls, right? Thanx for the comments!

Attachments

• resize amp.jpg
    resize amp.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 640
  • resiz speaker.jpg
    resiz speaker.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 639
  • resize boat.jpg
    resize boat.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 652
Oh and any suggestions for an outside color will be welcome. We can't seem to decide. Thanks...

Great job, The bimini top and speakers look great. I tell you I dont know if I would be fishing or sleeping on it though. It looks too darn cumfy. Boat looks awesome, Maybe a darker grey on the outside or Black.

Latest posts