bow mounted trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gotem

Reaction score
Is it worth my while to make a bracket and install a bow mounted trolling motor on a 15 foot deep v when 75% of my launching is from a beach where you have to be in the water? It may be sweet to have a bow mounted trolling motor, but is it practicle in this case?

If your launching the boat from a beach (without a dock), would it be more difficult to hop into the boat over the side (stability and a higher hop) close to the front, as oppossed hopping in from directly over the bow (more stable) where the trolling motor would be located.

I figure the benefits of a bow-mounted TM outweigh that small drawback.

I use a transom mount now, and cannot wait to be able to move it up front, just have to complete the front deck first.

I have a bow mounted foot control now and 95% of the time I go fishing, I launch the boat then beach it. Get out, park my truck/trailer and go back to launch the boat from the beach. Having the TM there gives me something to grip for keeping my balance as I push off from shore with one foot in the boat and one foot out doing the pushing. So I guess I consider if more of an advantage than a problem.

i take it you have a semi v i think you will be alright it will be to one side and hop in on the other

Latest posts