rod holders

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newboater13

Reaction score
Tried searching couldn't find what I was looking for, what do you guys do about rod holders for your jons was thinking about mounting these to my front deck, whats your opinion? Or your ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-22-09-50-20.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-22-09-50-20.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 705
got an identical set for free though mine have different bases rotate 360 degrees and are removable. Work well enough for panfish and channel cats. Wouldnt trust it with a big flathead on the other end though

2013-02-22_13-14-18_358_zps638910f2.jpg

I've got the same ones mounted on my gunwales. I have driftmasters mounted on the bow. Happy with both.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Guess it depends on what you're going after. I fish for BIG catfish and I wouldn't trust my rod and reel in a plastic holder. I am a Driftmaster fan.
X2

I use the same ones for sucker fishing for muskies. Just use the clicker, have never had a problem with mine. Think mine are scotty but Cabelas name on them.

I have/had some of those attwood rod holders pictured. I think Scotty makes stronger/better quality rod holders. They sell lots of accessories for them too. I believe cabelas brand rod holders are made by Scotty and use the same mounts too.

But for BIG (50lbs on the low end and 100lbs on the high end) fish I worry a little still. State record here is 143lbs for a Blue Cat. I don't fish the big cat waters often but 80lbs is not uncommon. My drag is always set really really low so not much pressure gets put on the rod holders anyway. I have heard many raves about the driftmasters.

Here's the best site I've seen for good prices and a complete listing of Driftmaster gear.
https://bottomdwellerstackle.com/driftmaster.htm

Latest posts