Need help on ID of this boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr762145

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to the forum but have been following the site for over a year now and I am completely addicted to say the least. Here's my problem. I bought this boat about a year ago. The craigslist add mentioned it was a 14" Semi V-hull that was in good shape. Upon arrival to look at it the boat lost about two foot in length, lol. So it is a 12' semi v Lowe and that is absolutely all I know about it. This is a very clean little boat and eventually I want to do just a few mods to it without compromising weight capacity the best I can to replace my Alumacraft 1232. I like the little flatbottom but this boat is more spacious and just seems like it will travel better on the tiny lakes I fish in Oklahoma. I live in the Texas Panhandle and you just don't come across many smaller aluminum boats that are worth much and I got this entire setup for only $300. Not crazy about the trailer from HB or the setup but I will be using the trailer that my Alumacraft sits on which is a much better trailer. Would anyone happen to know the model and perhaps the manufacture era of this little tinny? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Lowe Boat.JPG
    Lowe Boat.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 347
guessing early to mid 90's, not sure what exact model number would be but should have tags on transom....serial number/model number etc.....

It did have tags at one time. The only tag left is the weight and person capacity tag and a single serial # tag, other than that, nada. Wish it were that easy though.....

jr762145 said:
It did have tags at one time. The only tag left is the weight and person capacity tag and a single serial # tag, other than that, nada. Wish it were that easy though.....

If it was ever registered the DNR might have the model tied to the serial number - just a thought. $300 for a 14' and trailer (that isn't trashed) is a pretty good deal around here.

Yeah I thought so too. I was really hoping it was a 14' boat but it's dang sure a clean little 12' which should fish real easy in the crappie hole that I frequent on most of my spring trips. It's a neat little place, only kicker is you gotta walk everything in just under a quarter of a mile but, that's why the fishing is so good because most folks won't put the time or work in to get a boat in. I'm excited to get started on the mods. There are so many mods out there it's tough to know where to start!

That boat looks so similar to the one I sold this past spring. This is a 1984 Gamefisher that was marketed by Sears. I'm not 100% positive who the original maker was that Sears was getting them from but I didn't think it was Lowes. But with the style being so similar that might put you in the ballpark as far as year model.

Gamefisher1.JPG

That's got to be the same boat. The color on the inside is identical to the one I have. I found one pic online of used boat for sale at a marine dealer of a used 16' Lowe Lake Jon, looked identical and had the red Lowe sticker on the back end. That's interesting to me that what seems to be the same boat has been manufactured under different brands but, then again that's not really all that unusual from what little history I've read up on aluminum boat manufactures, specifically in regards to timescale of company mergers or takeovers. Thanks for the pic!

Latest posts