need some help with floatation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beantown

Reaction score
Here is my polar kraft boat that i am going to try and modify. I cut the back panel out and found there to be styrofoam that was mainly rotten. I would like to put a livewell in here and on the other side put my gas tank. Do you think the boat will be alright without the styrofoam or should i add some back in and help or suggestion on the modification would be appreciated. ALso wanted to say that this is a great site glad to beable to post. thanks

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 957
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 961
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 955
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 960
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 964
:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining!
I am a amazed by your boat. I have never seen a boat like this. Where the motor is mounted, Is that just a big space? Is that custom or do/did they actually sell them like that? That is cool!

The foam is there for safety. The boat fills up with water its going to sink allot faster without the foam. That could be an issue. How big are the spaces dimension wise?

Jim

They used this kind of boat for the spot nets so you canhaul in the net on the sides. The motor has a motor mount 3 feet in from the back and allows you to go in real shallow water. But each back panel is roughly 1'-6". What type of foam do you think I should install? thanks for the help

I would clean out those areas real well and use some Marine Polyurethane Pour Foam. Once this stuff cures it is resistant to gasoline. Here is a link to a good product.

https://www.jgreer.com/Foam%20Page.htm

thanks for the help i just ordered some foam. Once I put the livewell in I will surround it with the foam thanks for the help

Just a thought, will that livewell when filled put too much weight on that side of the boat? Is there anyway of building a livewell running across the boat? I've havent come across a livewell running bow to stern. Just something to think about, safety first.

There are several boatmakers now placing livewells solely on one side fo the boat. My Triton is on the righthand side and I know War Eagle and Polar Krafts are the same.

IMG_0936.jpg

That's a 10+ gallon livewell immediately forward of my console.

thanks for all the help guys. I was wondering what you guys use for hinges and the best place to get them lowes has some galvanized but they are rather expensive.

I have got a place bookmarked on my computer that has a good price on them, but my computer is now majorly screwed up with a whole bunch of viruses, so when I go see if I can salvage some stuff off of my drive later, I will pull it. I actually am in need of ordering some in the next day or so.

bassboy1 said:
I have got a place bookmarked on my computer that has a good price on them, but my computer is now majorly screwed up with a whole bunch of viruses, so when I go see if I can salvage some stuff off of my drive later, I will pull it. I actually am in need of ordering some in the next day or so.

Dude, Fix your PC. I can send you virus software if needed, Let me know. Good stuff too, not the cheap free stuff. :LOL2: I was wondering where you have been!

Yeah Jim, couple of mistakes on my part rendered my antivirus stuff virtually useless. I have pulled all the info that I still think I needed, and I may have a lead on how to safely remove this thing. If not, I will get the computer guys to clear everything, reinstall XP and I will start back from scratch. Luckily, my sister has gotten herself grounded again, so I have hers for the time being. :roll:

Anyway, I managed to save the site for hinges.
https://stainless-hinges.com/
This place has a lot of stuff. Haven't priced stainless on there, but for aluminum, depending on the width you need, you can get 6 feet for under 5 bucks.

Latest posts