Looking for mod/rigging help.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbritt23

Reaction score
Hello fellow boat lovers i am new to the site been reading it for years but never joined well today i decided to join. I purchased a brand new 2013 Alumacraft 1648 NCS this morning. I needed a new boat boat considering my 1448 G3 is pretty much destroyed. Im a commercial flounder gigger and i went with this boat for the big 4 ft deck and also open floor i will be putting the CMC pt-130 tilt and trim jack plate along with a 40 h.p evinrude on it. So i should have plenty of power on this boat. Attached is some pictures. I am needing help designing a way to make some storage in the back for a battery and also something up front for a little storage area for life jackets, battery for trolling motor and easy way for running my wiring for running lights and anything else you can think of. I will also be hook and line fishing out this boat. I see there is alot of experts on this site with more of a imagination then what i have cause im lost when it comes to this. Im wanting to to be a clean look. And on the cheaper side, the wife already isnt happy i spent money on this boat but i explained to her you gotta spend money to make money. I will be putting a wood flooring down but no carpet cause between blood and fish slime the carpet will be ruined. I will either be putting a textured paint on the wood after water sealing it or using some kind of rubber bed liner paint. Can some of youll pros give me some good inexpensive ideas on storage for the front and back thank you.

20130304_134829.jpg

20130304_134815.jpg

20130304_134759.jpg

I was wanting to put the batter on the right side if your looking at that first picture it has foam in it though not sure if i wanna take any out and looking there where the gas tank goes i really dont wanna put a battery and gas tank in the big opening heck i dont even know if both will fit. any help will greatly be appreciated

Nice boat!
If you can find it, look at Grizzleys 1654 FB build. I came right off the existing deck, and put an extension on it for storage. The way I did it, it almost looks factory. Others on here have done basically the same, just gotta find the way that you want to do it. I used all aluminum, some use all wood. Plenty of info. on here, just do some homework and you will get an idea as to how you want to do yours.

I got a alumacraft 1648 square nose jon like your boat but mine had a center bench init.After a little cutting that bench was gone an I have an open boat with no center seat.I added alumimum tread plate floor and a nice alumimum deck extention onit.I used 1"x1" alumimum tube for the frame work and it was bolted together then the nice deck was pop rivited toit.No carpit and no wood init whatsoever,the use of alumimum over wood was a no brainer.Dont mess up that nice new boat with wood.I have some nice pictures of my alumacraft square nose mod too with a Minn Kota bow mount trolling motor =D>