SliderG5 - Sliding Bench Boat Seat Mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A number of members have reported on them and I cannot recall an unfavorable review. A quick search will yield lots of comments. Slider G5 is a site sponsor.

Odd. I didn't find anything more that posts from the manufacture and questons from users. No reviews. If you know of one, please post the link. Would like to check it out.

It'a an interesting search for sure, depending on the exact words you include. ..everything from trailer bunk additions to small sandwiches. But I found a number of user comments on the seat mounts. I am sure others will jump on here as well.

I have 2 Sliders in my 14 ft and I LOVE them. I put 7 inch pedestals on mine so I am up a little higher (I have bad knees). This company is wonderful to business with. When I got mine there was even a personal note in the box. These things are made to last a lifetime. If you can break them, you are a better man than I. Bottom line is that these Sliders are made to last, do what they say they will and have increased my fishing enjoyment. Do not hesitate to buy these. They are the real deal. And the kicker is they are American made. I will see if have have some photos that I can post so you can see my set up.

Tim

Photos of my installation....

Attachments

• IMG_0002_12.JPG
    IMG_0002_12.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,140
  • IMG_0004_11.JPG
    IMG_0004_11.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,140
  • IMG_0033_00.JPG
    IMG_0033_00.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,140
BTW, I am a big guy(275lbs) and I have no issues with my set up handling my weight. I can not say enough good things about this product. I wish they had made these years ago.

Tim

I have one on my 1648 and love it! (Pics in the thread in my signature.)

Just one piece of advice...don't leave the seat in the slider when you're trailering your boat!
I watched my seat go sliding across the road one morning after hitting a few bumps. Whoops! :oops:
Thankfully there was only a little scratching on the seat plastic so no big deal!

My only wish is that they would make one that you could use a pin style pedestal with.

I’m thinking about getting this. I’m putting a rear deck on so I’d be going down through 1/2” plywood and into the aluminum bench. Thinking about using rivnuts to do this. What stops this from just sliding back and forth?

Friction stops it from moving side to side. It won't slide while you're seated and it takes a little push to slide it when you're not seated. Mine doesn't even slide when trailering down the highway yet is still easy to slide side-to-side when you want to move it or take the seat out. Really like my Slider G5.

I have (2) G5 sliders on my 1542 Topper. They are fantastic seat sliders. There are pins to lock them in place when traveling. My only issue is the powder coating is starting to wear off. Now, I've had these for about 5 years, so I guess nothing lasts forever. I'll be contacting the company in a few weeks to see if they will recoat or replace them, but basically, I've gotten a good use out of them. Still functional, just the coating is coming off. Otherwise, great seat bases.

R,

Bobby

First time posting. Was wondering if these can be mounted backwards. As in, the lip hangs over the back instead of the front of the bench. I would like to move the front seat back to the edge of the decking. This would give more room up front to stand. Thanks.

Attachments

• 640DBF0E-1D4E-4E7B-B0F9-A262040B1785.jpeg
    640DBF0E-1D4E-4E7B-B0F9-A262040B1785.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 182

Latest posts