Be gentle....It's my first time!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weasel897

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hey to the group. I've been a reading this site for quite some time now, but I've never posted.

I've had several tin boats, but I've never done anything major to them. I still have my grandfather's 1436 jon boat, that I can't bring myself to alter in any way.

Ok, on to the important stuff...I purchased a 1985 Bass Tracker 3 last year that needed some TLC. I've been thinking (and drinking), plotting, scheming, and figuring out how I want to overhaul this boat for a whole year now. I've been scouring this site and absorbing in the vast amounts modification knowledge that it has to offer.

I wanted opinions on using galvanized sheet metal as a flooring option. Has anyone tried it with any success? Thoughts, comments, insults...?

I'll be posting in the projects section as I start getting stuff done on the boat.

Thanks,
Weasel

galvanized steel touching aluminum is going to create corrosion problems. it will eat the aluminum

you'd have to really coat the galvanized steel w/ something good so that it never touches the aluminum. maybe 3 coats of roll on bed liner? i wouldn't do this...

better yet, use aluminum or wood

Latest posts