could i possibly be swamping the back (cmc or panther)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbritt23

Reaction score
Alright I have alumcraft Ncs 1648 rated for a 35. I will be putting evinrude 40 2 stroke on it the motor by its self I'm not worried about it swamping the back end I had it on s 1448 g3 and it was fine. On this new boat I am wanting to add tilt and trim to it so I was thinking about the pt-130 it weighs 47 lbs and alone and sets the motor back 6 inches. Or I can go with the panther model 55 which weighs 24 lbs and if I read right it sets the motor back 7 inches. So if I installed either application do you'll think it will be fine also. Is there any reviews on the panther units cause from what I have read cmc is a top quality product

As a general rule, it is best not to exceed the HP rating on your boat.

But if you do, I don't think you'll have any problems at all with that 40HP and either of those two T/T mechanisms.

I had a 40 Johnson on a Lowe 1648 and it was completely fine .... could have handled more.

You'll be fine with the 40. But id definitely reinforce it if you're getting a setback plate. It increases stress onvthe transom

Do youll think like a 1/8 or slightly bigger piece of aluminum cut out slightly larger then the Jack plate bolted up between the jack plate and transom would be sufficient or what are some ideas you'll got

I would try to run a brace from inside the transom to the back of the bench.

Latest posts