What's holding decks down?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commandohorn

Reaction score
All these great front decks I see here have no visible means of attachment. Are they held in place by fit and gravity and not bolted to existing bench seats?

commandohorn said:
All these great front decks I see here have no visible means of attachment. Are they held in place by fit and gravity and not bolted to existing bench seats?

Welcome aboard and thanks for joining! :beer:

Most members are making frames and then screw the deck right to the frames.

If you have a second, go through some of the jon mod and v mod posts and you can see how it is done. These guys have done awesome work.

commandohorn said:

:WELCOME: Like Jim said, check out some of the posts in the subforum "Jon and V-Boat conversions". I have a project listed there now titled "3 man bass boat..." where we have some pretty good pics. I took the ideas from other posts I read to build our deck, and pretty much everything we've used has been purchased at Lowes or Home Depot.

Where we screwed into wood, we used standard wood screws. However, per the recommendations of other members, we used stainless, self-tapping metal screws when going into the structural aluminum beams. Something about the standard sheet metal screws will react with the aluminum and cause corrosion. The members on here are very helpfull with everything from building a deck to motorsrepairs, especially when you post some pictures. :beer: