New here

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graybeard

Reaction score
Been browsing for a couple days, and finally joined up. Looks like a lot of good info and tips on this site. I've got 2 tinboats, a 16' Lund with a Merc 25 and an old Monark 1648 jon with a 15 Johnson. Like them both, but love fishing the small lakes and rivers with my old jonboat. Plan on doing a little modifying it, but not too much, I like to keep things simple. Keep the good ideas coming!
Here's a couple pics of my old jonboat, forgive the house in the background, it caught on fire and is in the process of remodeling.
101_0210-1.jpg

101_0209-1.jpg

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! I agree simple is nice also! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Too bad about the fire on the house, Hopefully no one was hurt.

Jim

Central Iowa, looks like I'm way west of most of you guys. Fish mostly smaller lakes and rivers close to home, especially now with the price of gas. I do manage to make a trip to Minnesota once or twice a year. Won't be doing much with my boat till winter, as it's time to be using it, not working on it. Thinking about taking the livewell out of the center section, and finish putting in a plywood floor. I'm mid-fifties, a little overweight, and have had 2 back, 2 foot and 1 knee operation, so I ain't as nimble as I used to be. Just wanna make it easier to get around in, as I fish by myself most of the time. Thanks for the welcome.

Thankfully, no one was hurt in the fire. Even got the dog out, but it was close. Got hit my lightning Oct 8, hopefully we'll be back in by June 1. We had to strip it down to the outside walls pretty much, so we'll basically have a new house when we get the inside done and new siding on.