Question about boat hulls

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RStewart

Reaction score
Being powered by 2 trolling motor only, I'd there going to be a big difference in ride between a flat bottom & a mod v?

Not really much difference in the ride as you are not gonna come close to getting on plane

The V will roll a little more and the flat will slap and the wind will make it "slide" as you sloowly troll down the lake

Thanks capn'.I wasn't sure if it would make much difference at the neck breaking speeds one would be traveling.

The wave slap mention may not be as bad on the mod v. My flat bottom can get noisey if its a little choppy from wind even at very slow speeds. Something else to consider when deciding between the two is floor space. I sent an email to Alumacraft when I was trying to decide between the two (which I still haven't bought a new boat YET). They told me that the flat and mod-v draft about the same amount or water but you loose a little floor space in the mod-v. I'm not sure how much you loose though. Might not be enough to make a difference.

Latest posts