SeaNymph with No Hull ID tag

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nlittle

Reaction score
I have the serial number/ model number plate but no HIN. Does anyone have a place they know of I can
"search" for this?
I am trying to get the old registration but the PO has not had it registered in a few years.
Thanks!

Mine was on the upper left side of the transom,on the outside. Had to loo k for it because of the paint. If your boat is older than1972 it probably won't have one.

I'm thinking that is my problem...probably older that that. No paint and in great condition so kind of misleading.

Any pics of it? I have a 1973 16R i'm planning on doing something with if i ever get past the planning stage.

Here it is. It's a 13.5' from what I understand. Pretty oxidized but other than that looks in really great shape.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,172
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,172
Nice tin!. Not sure where you live but some states will go back and pull info from the last registration for you so you can provide a documented chain of ownership in support of a new title. Ask if yours will. If not, beg 'em to do it. There are tons of great mods on here to give you ideas and lots of helpful folks to assist with questions. Do keep us posted on your progress. Rick

Not sure where you are but I had a 57 Alumacraft a few years ago that didnt have hull ID number. I had to get a form from BMV to send to Indianapolis to get a hull ID. Then attatch it to the boat. Check with your BMV. Was'nt a big hassle had just took a few weeks. Hope it works out.

Thanks. I think I can get one issued, but now the DMV was annoyed that I had no year on the bill of sale. I have called the PO to see if they know it. <sigh>
I guess I will using oars this weekend.

nlittle said:
Thanks. I think I can get one issued, but now the DMV was annoyed that I had no year on the bill of sale. I have called the PO to see if they know it. <sigh>
I guess I will using oars this weekend.
I know it's no consolation, but oars can work really well. I find I will often catch fish rowing when a more steady troll with a motor yields little. It is the main reason I left the middle bench in my tin. That said, good luck on completing the process.

Yeah, I am looking forward to it either way....Probably can't get away with a trolling motor with no numbers though. I don't even want to use gas. LOL
I might just "remember" the year as 72 and write it in.

=D> i jist might do that. The PO is working on the full amount of info so hopefully I can be legit.

I recently picked up a 14 footer, no info, no serial #. The lady I bought it from said it was given to her by some old guy she used to care for. She used it to row around for exercise. It di have old hull #'s on it from 20 years ago. I went to the dnr site on line(Wisconsin). And started to fill out the paperwork on line. When asked for serial 3's or the like it also asked for any hull numbers from registration. I put them in and Voila! A name and address of a previous owner came up. He wasn't the one I spoke to when I bought it.but..we'll just leave it at that. I am sure it wasn't stolen. And I have the in between persons info. The new numbers and my registration are in the mail. But that is Wisconsin, might be and probably is, different where you are from. Good Luck.

The PO emailed me a pic of the old reg....not sure why this was not used as the bill of sale. It is a 73 and MASS used the serial number with a bunch of *** after it to get to 12 digits. I will "complete" my paperwork with the year and just let them give me a HIN i think. Not sure i want to show the reg as it is in his fathers name. Try again tommorow prob...really want to try the motor. Fingers crossed.

Yay, I'm registered with a new HIN assigned from NH.
I guess I need to get a plate made up or something? Maybe a friend has an engraver....

Latest posts