idear for partially removeable deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driftingrz

Reaction score
so my boat will be sold soon. and ive been contemplating next build.. if i can find a nice sized boat used ill get one. but im thinking i might get a tracker 1542 since i have a spare trailer already. just build it up and sell it later this year or next..

thing thats been on my mind is SPACE. my current boat is 14' and its got a smaller casting deck and a removeable passenger seat on the lower deck. but the setup on the tracker would require me to move the whole bench to get that space and i dont want to.. so removeable deck is the best option

2013-04-07_16-56-16_9_zps7c218c20.jpg

here is a picture of the stock layout on the tracker. middle bench has a "livewell".. really only big enough for bait so i wouldnt use it. would relocate the hatch to rear bench (i think i saw another member here do this aswell.)

1542rj2_zps8d20870e.jpg

and heres kinda my plan for carpeting etc. along with some storage hatches that arent shown.. probably some on either side of the front seat base or in rear. i would make the very front portion of the deck permanent with enough legroom for passengers (mostly for going after catfish/bluegills so full deck is wasted space)

1542rsefj2_zpsa7427e2c.jpg

then when im out fishing alone or in a tournament i can throw in the middle portion and a tall pedestal for trollling. im thinking 3/4" ply with some 2x2 braces on the bottom side that can be fastened with rivnuts or something similar on brackets that would be permantnetly mounted to front of bench and rear of deck. any thoughts on strenght? ways to improve?

1542rsefj2k_zps0843e62b.jpg

Sounds/Looks like a plan to me. I think you could engineer it such that you don't need any way of securing it. Just build it like a box (if you follow me) and set it into place.

Latest posts