12' Meyers casting deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nowakezone

Reaction score
I started my deck today, this is how far I've got so far. I plan on sealing the deck, cutting out the hatches, and carpeting this weekend and hopefully testing everything next week! Please excuse the clutter in the garage. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366077057.547645.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366077089.842555.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366077113.991858.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366077146.294474.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366077164.063566.jpg

Added the carpet, stool and hatch today. Not sure if I'll add more hatches or not, I'm gonna try and fish it for a bit to see how i like everything. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366168494.403177.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366168524.553473.jpg

Very cool. Maybe I missed it, but did you seal the plywood before you laid the carpet? I think i'm going to start gathering materials for my deck now!

I just used some Thompson water sealer And the carpet adhesive is waterproof when it's cured. I have an old school '63 Evinrude sportwin 10hp. Before the mod I was able to hit 17 mph via GPS. We'll see what she does now

Took the newly remodeled (and finished for now) boat out yesterday. Ran like a charm and wasn't too tippy. Since my last post I installed the anchormate and rigged up a bow mount trolling motor. I reversed the head on my TM and bought an extension for the handle. I'm pretty impressed with how it handled and how stable it felt. It was pretty choppy and nasty out so I didn't stay out to fish. Sorry the picture isn't very good, had to take a back road to the lake so the boat got muddy. I'll post a better picture after I take her through the carwash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 783
Yes it is, I just took the wheels off and used some good lag bolts to hold it down. It works really well and the little storage tray on the bottom is awesome!! I have been out the last two mornings and sat on it for around 3 hours each and was impressed how comfortable it is. I would highly recommend it! Way cheaper than buying some thing from bass pro or cabelas.

Latest posts