buying seat pedestal hardware

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankbait09

Reaction score
Hello all

I was looking on iboats website and i saw a seat pedestal package for a decent price. https://www.iboats.com/Lock-N-Pin-3-4-Pedestal-Package-with-11-Post-and-7x7-Base-Swivl-Eze/dm/cart_id.774707858--session_id.507715229--view_id.69845

I have never bought seat hardware before and am looking to modify my existing flat bottom jon boat.

can anyone shed some light on this package? Is it a good deal? quality? Does one pedestal seat package differ from another?

any advice would be appreciated.

thank you

Hello Crankbait,

I am looking at the same same equipment. I have a 14' flat bottom Jon boat but I am a little concerned about the height of the pedestal set affecting the stability of the boat. The pin is 11" in height. Can the seat bracket just be inserted into the pedestal plate that gets mounted to the boat bench? Does the added height versus stability concern you? I am new to boat ownership so I am unschooled in situations such as this.

Regards,
Webbster

I bought that exact set from Cabela's last year. Just be sure that these are fishing seat and not to be used while running the main motor. They are only rated to 5 mph.

Looks like a good price on the package. I use the Swivl-Eze bases and seat mounts in my boat, I just don't have the pedestal part, as I haven't needed the additional height. I am in the process of adding floors to my rig, so I may be adding the pedestals too. As mentioned, they are meant for fishing, not riding, so just remove the pedestal while under way. Very quick and easy to use, and last for years. I do recommend them. You can see the bases on mine in these pictures. I mounted two on the back bench, one on each side, so I can move the seat to the right to run the motor or fish out the port side, and one to the left of center to fish out the starboard side.

Attachments

• RearFloor1.JPG
    RearFloor1.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 483
  • Section2completed.jpg
    Section2completed.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 483
I bought the same setup although I bought them as individual pieces. I wasn't sure what height I needed for the pedestal so I started with a 16". That turned out to be too tall so I just cut it down to a 13" last week. I've only had it out once since I cut it down but it seems about right. I'm pretty sure the 11" post would be too short for me and trying to run the foot control TM. But my control is not in one of those recessed mounts and I'm sure things like that and your height will be factors in what size post you need.

Latest posts